Monday, May 2, 2016

Hello I Am Hank Hill's Daughter




Who am I? One of the first things that come to mind is, "Well I'll tell you what." the classic line of Hank from King of the Hill. Well, I am Hank Hill's daughter. You might wonder what on earth would make me say that. Well, I began watching King of the Hill a long time ago, and the whole time I kept thinking this is familiar.



Then, it hit me. My dad was Hank, a propane and propane accessory salesperson; he worked as the manager for Empire Gas. But the story doesn't end there. Bob owned Empire, in my opinion, Bob, was Mr. Strickland to a tee.

All of those things made me watch even closer. Sure Hank is not a replica of Daddy. But he is a great imitation.

My family informed me immediately that I had ruined King of the Hill for them with all my talk of Hank being Daddy and well Peggy is my Mama. So I guess that puts Larry as Bobby, and I have no idea about me. But, you can, believe me, I am not LouAnn.

Watching the show, I have seen so many things that occurred in my life as a child of that propane and propane accessory salesperson, which makes me feel like the main character in The Truman Show. Poor Jim Carrey had no idea that everyone knew everything, and he was just a pawn in the entire scheme.

So here's to Hank Hill, Daddy I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Shame Here

  Bipolar disorder. There was a time I was ashamed of those words, a time when I hid the fact, and a time I listened to those who said ...